Who is a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
People who have:
* Fear of pain
* High Anxiety
* Nitrous Oxide
* Bad gag reflex
* Very sensitive teeth
* Difficulty getting numb
* Traumatic dental experiences
* Limited time to complete dental care
* Hate needles and shots
* Are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth
* Break out in cold sweats while thinking about the appointment
* Hate the noises, smells, and tastes associated with dental care
Will I be unconscious?
No, you are in a deeply relaxed state, and you will be responsive. You will not have any pain, fear, or have any anxiety.
How long will I be sleeping?
You will be asleep for two to six hours after taking the pill. The time you are asleep will vary depending on your needed treatment.
Will I be monitored?
Yes, one of our team is always with you and your vital signs are monitored during the entire visit. You are never alone.
Facts about sedation dentistry:
1. It really works. You really sleep through your dental appointment.
2. It is safe, You are not unconscious but in a light state of sedation.
3. You will have little or no memory of the experience.
4. You will save yourself up to five trips to the dental office.
5. If you are the person who has been told that anesthetic does not work.
6. Sedation dentistry is a safe way to eliminate the fatigue of long, extended, repeated trips to the dentist.
What kinds of dental procedures can be done while I am under sedation?
Many complex procedures can be performed with sedation dentistry. Some of these include root canals, treatment of gum disease, chips, cavities, cosmetic surgery, crowns and veneers. We can discuss your case with you in particular.
How many appointments will I need?
Most patients require two to three visits to complete all dental treatment. Your first visit will be to consult with the doctor. The second and third appointments will be to focus on completing the treatment.